Senior DAQ (Design Appearance Quality), NIO
The automotive industry is on the cusp of profound change. We believe it isn’t just products and technology that must change; it is how people use these products, and their entire ownership experience. NIO exists to redefine what premium service means for a car company, and to make you feel something positive about owning a car again.
We are seeking a Senior DAQ to join our design studio based in Shanghai. Reporting to the Design Director, the successful candidate will work on a range of projects, including but not limited to, overseeing the development of colours, materials and finishes from primary master through to production, supporting for design appearance harmony evaluation review, etc.
- Work on a broad range of colour, material and finish topics as part of a growing, multinational team of highly creative people.
- Understand and meet design, engineer, manufacturing, cost and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee the development of colours, materials and finishes from primary master through to production.
- Lead the secondary master development. (included painting, leather, textile, PVC/PU, decoration, carpet, threads and other automotive accessories).
- Responsible for the master release and storage management.
- Responsible for the release and revision of appearance specification.
- Responsible for colour & grain design appearance quality control.
- Responsible for benchmark material and technology research & analysis.
- Support for design appearance harmony evaluation review.
- Support for colour, material, grain and other appearance issues solution during trial-production phase.
- Support for the manufacturer technique evaluation and third-party testing laboratory accreditation.
- Willing to continuously learn and step outside one’s comfort zone, thriving on new, complex challenges and wanting to make a difference.
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work as part of a team in a fast-paced studio environment.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in material science and engineering.
- 4+ years of work experience in an international company in the automotive sector.
- Strong knowledge of chemical construction and material process.
- Excellent knowledge about leather, textile, paint and etching grain.
- Excellent colour, and tactile perception.
- Fluent in English.
If you are interested in joining our team, we would be happy to receive your application including your salary requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org