Various Positions, SAIC Design Europe
SAIC Design operates at a global level with an exciting and engaging environment, of both MG and Roewe brand design on behalf of SAIC Motor a Fortune 500 global automotive OEM. We are a well established but dynamic international design team offering a unique opportunity to take a role of influence to product design and brand vision.
SAIC Design Europe, is based in the UK, and predominately focused on Advanced Design and Innovation, and MG brand design, is seeking creative, professional, confident and highly motivated design leaders for the following positions. These roles offer an attractive salary and benefits package:
Head of Design Operations
- Design studio operational activities, processes and interfaces.
- Leadership and management of Digital Design/VR and clay modelling functions including capability, capacity, and facility strategy.
- Lead design studio resource planning and deployment; project and capital expenditure and facility planning
- The successful candidate should have a recognised and proven track record managing Digital Design /VR, Clay/CNC and Design Programme Management teams within an Automotive Design Operations environment.
- Proven ability to monitor and evaluate the creation of physical models and their presentation.
- Knowledge of Operational and Project Management tools and techniques, demonstrated through successful delivery of previous design projects
- Significant experience of team leadership and staff development.
- International air travel will be an occasional but essential part of role.
Design Strategist – Research & Trend
- SAIC Design Europe is committed to innovative and advanced design solutions through knowledge and understanding founded in research. The role of Design Strategist – Research & Trend is integral to the success of project Design Strategy and ultimately the overall studio output.
- Conversant and awareness of emerging and established global trends and be able to seek out relevant opportunities for exploration.
- A natural interest in the fields of; Automotive Design, Consumer, Technology, Communications, Fashion, Social Media, etc. is essential.
- Natural instinct, excellent judgement, and confident execution, of ideas and findings which will drive the creativity throughout the entire design team and global business.
- Engagement with 3rd party organisations, universities, experts, etc. to gather research and develop partnerships opportunities.
- Frequent international air travel to in order to obtain information, embark on market specific research activities and gain learning.
- The role will require a dynamic and integral interface to the global design team, with creative and expressive transfer of information to the team acting a source of inspiration.
For job details and to apply please visit: http://www.saicmotor.co.uk/Careers-Current.aspx
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU